1. Wake Up at the Same Time Everyday – This may not be do-able for some, depending on your schedule, myself included…but it’s a great idea if you can make it work. Also, waking up before the rest of your house does gives you some time of peace before the day starts underway.
2. Drink a Glass of Lemon Water (I do this and LOVE it!)
- Re-hydrates your body after a long night of sleep
- Reduces the feeling of hunger
- The lemon provides vitamins that get into your system right away
3. MOVE & BREATHE – I know some of you probably wake up early to get to 4G for your workout which is great but if you’re not an early morning workout person, still try and find a way to move your body and stretch. Every morning I try to do some sort of breath work and/or yoga to move my body and wake up. I will do a 20 – 30 minute Flow (usually a podcast from AM yoga) or I might even sit and do one of their 4 minute meditations. This is such a good way to start your day and connect your brain to your body. Another really good meditation app is called Head Space.
- Increases mental clarity
- Increases body awareness
4. Recharge Your Motivation – Motivation doesn’t just hang around forever so be proactive with podcasts, audible books, YouTube videos (maybe while you are getting ready), that could help you stay motivated and be excited about all you have to tackle.
A few of my favorite authors and podcasts are below:
- David Goggins
- Chalene Johnson
- Jocko Podcast
- TED Business Talks
5. Eat Your Frog – Mark Twain once said, “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” In other words, tackle your day’s toughest job early when your mental energy is at it’s highest and the rest of the day with be smooth sailing.
Devoting yourself to a simple morning routine builds success for today and the days after.