It’s not always easy to get enough protein into your diet, particularly if you don’t have a lot of time to cook or you travel frequently. Need help? Check out our list of no-cook, pre-cooked, and convenience protein options:
- Greek yogurt – plain, flavored, nonfat, or whole milk – lots of options here, it just depends on your goals and tastes
- Cottage cheese – top with fruit or veggies and seasonings for a sweet or savory snack or small meal.
- String cheese
- Pre-cooked chicken breast strips or tenders – Costco has some “fresh” in their deli, but you can also buy frozen Tyson brand and just thaw them as needed.
- Rotisserie chicken
- Epic Meat Bars – these are high in nutrients and low in sugar
- Beef jerky or turkey jerky
- Variety of protein bars – just be aware of the calorie count and macro split, as well as consider if you need a meal or a snack.
- Hard-boiled eggs – you can purchase these already boiled!
- Protein powder
- Canned tuna, chicken, or salmon
- Frozen pre-cooked shrimp
- Canned black/kidney/white beans
Which no-cook option will you fall back on this week?