4 REASONS WHY DOWN DOG IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO EVERY DAY!
1. Calms brain and relieves stress while energizing the body
- Any inverted poses (when your heart is above your head) create more blood flow through the body which sends freshly oxygenated blood everywhere creating calm and more energy.
2. Builds strong bones
- We don’t often load the shoulders and engage the rotator cuff overhead; Down Dog makes us do this which means it’s a weight-bearing exercise that is going to create a stronger upper body.
3. Helps with posture and flexibility
- This movement stretches hamstrings, calves, and the arch of the foot which will lead to better posture and create more mobility through the body.
4. Creates an awareness to breathe
- In Down Dog, the chest is opened which gives more space to take deeper breaths. Breath aids in so many things (that we will eventually talk more about) such as anxiety, depression, and overall being present to your body.